I was privileged to meet Suresh Narayanan, Chairman and Managing Director, Nestlé India (https://www.linkedin.com/in/suresh-narayanan-65582233) at the recently concluded NASSCOM HR Summit at Chennai.
A very powerful, yet humble, humane person, I found in him a true servant-leader.
He spoke on how Nestlé managed the Maggi Storm.
He gave us 10 principles that we can follow in our personal and professional lives.
- There is opportunity in adversity
- Do not be afraid of uncertainties
- Teamwork and achievement will drive credibility
- Always strive for ‘can do’ rather than ‘will try’
- People are at the centre of everything we do
- We live in a VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, Ambiguity) world – always keep Plan ‘B’ ready
- Never lose your winning spirit
- Keep your eyes on Reality, Reality, Reality
- Constantly communicate – not less but more
- Keep to your values. Be humble. Listen. Stay Connected. Above all, Be Human.